Rants and Raves of an American Mom

November 11, 2009

How NOT to get SICK for the next 8 weeks!

With the holidays fast approaching, it’s natural to
feel more stress than usual.

So you are now more succeptible to every virus going
around and to getting infections you’d never get
any other time of year.

Here’s why that happens:

When your nervous system picks up signs of emotional or
mental distress, it signals for the release of stress
hormones and special chemical messengers (called

These neurotransmitters speed to different areas of your
body and cause various reactions.

That’s why your heart rate increases when you’re scared or
your stomach gets rumbly when you’re anxious.


These stress hormones can also lead to headaches, high
blood pressure and digestive disorders (like IBS).

They also affect your gut flora, and that’s where 80% of
your immune system is.

For example, strains of the harmful bacteria E. coli grow
faster in an environment that contains the stress hormones
epinephrine (adrenaline) or norepinephrine (noradrenaline).

In addition, some scientists believe that when we’re
stressed, our nervous system “talks” to our gut microbes,
telling certain (bad) ones to multiply and other (good)
ones to limit their growth.

Having a greater concentration of harmful bacteria in your
intestines makes you more susceptible to bacterial
infections and viruses of all types. This happens for two

1- You now don’t have enough good bacteria to fight off
the dangerous pathogens you ingest
2- The bad bacteria have eaten away at your gut wall and
made it porous, so dangerous toxins can now seep out and
travel all through your body, making you ill

Plus having more harmful bacteria in the gut also affects
your immune system’s regulatory T cells. That means your
immune system will be less effective, leading to increased
inflammation (and pain) all over your body.

And heaven help you if you do get sick and take
antibiotics. While they will certainly help kill your
infection, they’ll also cause the bacterial balance in your
gut to even further out of whack…

…which means that you’re likely to get sick AGAIN very

It’s essential to keep your gut flora balanced all year
long, but especially around the holidays with all the added
stressors in your days.

Super Shield Pharmaceutical Grade Probiotic formula can
help you accomplish this important goal.

Super Shield contains 13 pharmaceutical-grade strains of
the world’s most potent, effective beneficial bacteria.

These good guys line the walls of your intestines like an
army, ready to fight off dangerous invaders. Plus they
compete with the bad bacteria for “territory” on your gut
wall, crowding the bad guys and starving them.

They also help strengthen the gut wall, so toxins are less
likely to leak out and cause illness.

Plus Super Shield helps make your digestion more
efficient…which can be helpful when you’re indulging in
your favorite holiday meal.

You can get Super Shield here now at:
and enjoy your holidays and EVERY day with better health
and a stronger immune system.

To your health!

PS: Dale is feeling better inside and out with Super Shield:


Hi Sherry,

I have Rosacea and used to have to take low doses of
antibiotics and put cream on my face…a life sentence.

After one month of Super Shield (which I took for other
reasons) I noticed to my suprise my Rosacea just cleared up
without any other meds.

Additionally I have more energy and as a wedding
photographer I need it. Even my Crohns is much better.

Please don’t stop making Super Shield. I’m a customer for
life and I’m sharing this with all my friends.

Thanks, Dale W.


PPS: Check out the growing database of Great Taste No
Pain success stories. Can you even imagine thousands of
success stories? No need to imagine. You can see them ALL

Haven’t taken the Great Taste No Pain test drive? Why not?



Want to read past articles? Here they are:

(c) copyright 2009 Holistic Blends

About the Author
Sherry Brescia is a natural health researcher, president
of Holistic Blends, Inc. and author of the mega best-
selling Great Taste No Pain Health System.

She has over 20 years experience in the medical research
field, and cured herself from IBS in 1992 by changing her
diet and eating the way she now teaches in her Great Taste
No Pain system.

Sherry has made it her life’s mission to help others with
digestive challenges by educating them about the role of
diet in overall health and the importance of an alkaline pH.

**The FDA has not evaluated all of these statements. The
contents of this email are not to be considered medical
advice and are for educational purposes only. If you are
experiencing health challenges, always consult your doctor
for medical advice and follow it even if it contradicts the
contents of this email.**



March 19, 2009

Are Your Dental Fillings Safe?

Are your dental fillings safe?

The subject of today’s blog is something I’ve not only
been educated about, but I’ve also experienced first-hand.

It’s mercury contamination from amalgam fillings.

Now, many dental care professionals continue to insist
that amalgam fillings are harmless. Virtually every major
US health organization has declared amalgam dental fillings

Read on and you be the judge.

First of all, mercury is sheer poison to the human body.
It has been scientifically demonstrated to be more toxic
than lead, cadmium and even arsenic.

Mercury accumulates in the liver, kidney, brain and blood
and builds up in your body’s tissues.

In adults, mercury can cause kidney failure,
cardiovascular collapse and genetic damage. It can also
cause skin rash, sores in the mouth and swollen gums.

It depletes the immune system and can induce a number of
auto-immune diseases. Mercury will cause an increase in
number and severity of all allergies, and is also linked to
Alzheimer’s disease.

Long-term exposure to mercury can cause effects which
develop gradually and sneak up on you. These include
shaking of the hands, eyelids, lips, tongue, or jaw,
headaches, trouble sleeping, personality changes, memory
loss, irritability, indecisiveness and loss of intelligence.

Yes, you read that right. Loss of INTELLIGENCE.

Does that sound like something that’s “safe” to you? In
any amount?

Now back to amalgam fillings:

Dental amalgams are about 50% (half) mercury. The other
half is a mixture of silver, tin, and other metals.

Amalgam fillings release mercury non-stop throughout the
lifetime of your filling, so there’s no safe time where the
mercury has “worn out” or “gone away.”

Now, mercury vapour is the main way that mercury comes out
of amalgam fillings. It’s absorbed through your lungs,
into the blood, and then is transported all over your body.

There is NO harmless level of mercury vapour exposure–
that’s a proven scientific fact. Every single molecule is

So how these various health organizations in the US can
claim that amalgam fillings are safe is mind-boggling, and
another illustration of compromising the health of millions
of people in the interest of profits via lack of lawsuits.

Having a little mercury is about as safe as having a
little cancer.

And the more fillings you have, the more exposure you get.

I would know.

I was LOADED with mercury when I first consulted a
prominent holistic physician in Manhattan 2 years ago. She
was astounded when she saw my blood levels. My mercury
levels were very high.

At first we thought it could be the fish I was eating or
maybe our water supply. So, I stopped eating large fish,
and I had our water tested–it was fine.

I was re-tested after cutting back on the fish and was
still toxic with mercury.

Then my doctor looked in my mouth and saw my amalgam
fillings. She said, “You’ve got to get those out of there.
Right away.”

She also gave me a mercury cleansing product to help
remove any residual mercury once the fillings came out.

Well, after spending a few long hours in the dentist’s
chair, I am now amalgam-free.

And guess what. My mercury level has plummeted!

If you have amalgam fillings, I urge you to have heavy
metal testing done (ask your doctor) and consider having
your fillings replaced. White composite fillings are not
only more attractive (because they’re tooth-colored), but
they’re made from microscopic glass and/or porcelain
particles that are embedded in a mass of acrylic–NO

Don’t let anyone try to tell you that the amount of
mercury in fillings is safe–it’s not. I’m living proof,
and so are countless others.

Take responsibility for your health and prevent the
horrors of mercury contamination.

To your health,

Sherry Brescia

PS: Olivia is getting better each day with Great Taste No


Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.